I’m an Oceanographer (Ph.D., HDR) specialized in ocean climate monitoring at Mercator Ocean international in Toulouse, France and member of the European Academy of Science
Research interest: Understanding the role of the ocean – and its interaction within – in the Earth’s climate system, its changes and underlying processes involved, and how they can be best observed (in situ, remote sensing), monitored (reanalyses and operational systems) and estimated (analyses approaches, ocean climate indicator development) in favor of a sustainable future development.
- Member of the European Academy of Science (since 2020)
- Chair of Copernicus Marine Service Ocean State Report activity
- Member of the Ocean Observations Physics and Climate Panel (OOPC) (since 2019)
- Workpackage leader of the Climate Demonstrator in the European project EuroSea.
- Member of the Science Committee of the International Space Science Institute (ISSI)
- Member of the Review Panel German Research Vessels
Awards and former responsibilities
- Lead author of the IPCC (AR6) WG1 6th assessment report (Chapter 2).
- Participation of IPCC scooping meeting for the AR6 synthesis report (Oct. 2019)
- Lead author of the IPCC (AR6) special report on the ocean and cryosphere in a changing climate (Chapter 1)
- Co-chair of WCRP/CLIVAR research focus “CONCEPT-HEAT” 2014-2019, (http://www.clivar.org/research-foci/heat-budget)
- Steering team member of the CLIVAR research focus “Decadal variability and predictability of ocean and climate variability” 2014-2019, (http://www.clivar.org/about/research-foci#two)
- Workpackage leader and managment commite member (representative for France) COST ES1402 “ Evaluation of ocean synthesis” , 2014-2018, (http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/essem/Actions/ES1402)
- 2018 IMAREST DENNY Medal award
- Participation of IPCC scooping meeting (Dec 2016) for the Special report on oceans and cryosphere (AR6)
- PI of ISSI international working group: “Consistency of Integrated Observing Systems monitoring the energy flows in the Earth System”(http://www.issibern.ch/workinggroups/monitorenergyflow/)
- PI of project MISTRALS/ENVIMED MEDMaHb: “The Mediterranean Sea mass and heat budget: Understanding its forcing, uncertainties and time evolution.”
** Foto: Teresa Bellina