I’m an Oceanographer specialised in ocean climate monitoring living and working actually at Mercator Ocean in Toulouse, France.
Research interest: Understanding the role of the ocean – and its interaction within – in the Earth’s climate system, its changes and underlying processes involved, and how they can be best observed (in situ, remote sensing), monitored (reanalyses and operational systems) and estimated (analyses approaches, ocean climate indicator development).
- Lead author of the IPCC (AR6) special report on the ocean and cryosphere in a changing climate
- Chair of Copernicus Marine Service Ocean State Report activity
- Chair of the CMEMS Ocean Monitoring Indicator activity
- Co-chair of WCRP/CLIVAR research focus “CONCEPT-HEAT” (http://www.clivar.org/research-foci/heat-budget)
- Steering team member of the CLIVAR research focus “Decadal variability and predictability of ocean and climate variability” (http://www.clivar.org/about/research-foci#two)
- Workpackage leader and managment commite member (representative for France) COST ES1402 “ Evaluation of ocean synthesis” (http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/essem/Actions/ES1402)
Awards and former responsibilities
- 2018 IMAREST DENNY Medal award
- Participation of IPCC scooping meeting (Dec 2016) for the Special report on oceans and cryosphere (AR6)
- PI of ISSI international working group: “Consistency of Integrated Observing Systems monitoring the energy flows in the Earth System”(http://www.issibern.ch/workinggroups/monitorenergyflow/)
- PI of project MISTRALS/ENVIMED MEDMaHb: “The Mediterranean Sea mass and heat budget: Understanding its forcing, uncertainties and time evolution.”