From Oct. 2015-current: Oceanographer specialised in ocean climate monitoring; Mercator Ocean, France
- Lead of the annual Copernicus Marine Service Ocean State Report
- Lead of the Copernicus Marine Service Ocean Monitoring Indicator activity
- Physical Earth energy budget studies: mean state and variability
- Coordination lead of CMEMS reprocessing and reanalysis activities
- Lead author of the IPCC SROCC (AR6)
Jul-Aug. 2015: Rol Madden Visitorship , NCAR UCAR Climate and Global Dynamics
- Earth energy and mass budget studies at global and regional scale
Sept. 2013- Sept. 2015: Researcher at Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography (MIO)
- Global and regional energy budget studies
- R&D for in situ and remote sensing data
- Scientific coordination of 6th CLIVAR research focus, ISSI working group (http://www.issibern.ch/workinggroups/monitorenergyflow/), MISTRALS/ENVIMED MED-MaHb; Work-package leader for ESA (TIE-OHF) and COST (ES1402) initiatives.
Jan 2007 – Aug. 2013: Researcher Ifremer, France
- Analysis of 3-D global ocean variability and definition of ocean state indicators using Argo, as well as satellite observations; processing and validation of global ocean in situ data.
- Development and implementation of tools for data consistency, R&D on in-situ data quality control procedures; development of ocean climate indicators for EEA and MyOcean
March 1998-Dec 2006: Researcher (half-time); GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany
- Water mass & ocean transport analyses from in situ, remote sensing and numerical model data
- Processing and validation of ocean in situ data
- Assistance to teaching programs
- Seagoing field work
SEA GOING FIELD EXPERIENCE
A total of 9 month of research cruise experience of various research vessels. Responsibilities included: CTD (conductivity-temperature-depth) measurements and data processing, monitor and assist mooring works, assist preparation and deployment of instruments (e.g. Argo floats), salinometer measurements, lADCP (lowered Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler) measurements and data processing.
- Jun 2004 – Aug 2004: F/S Meteor M62/2, Fortaleza (Brazil) – Recife (Brazil).
- Aug 2003 – Oct 2003: F/S Meteor M59/3, St. John’s (Canada) – Bremerhaven (Germany).
- Apr 2003 – May 2003: F/S Sonne S170, Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago) – Recife (Brazil).
- May 2002 – Jun 2002: F/S Meteor M53/2, Mindeleo (Capo Verte) – Recife (Brazil).
- May 2001 – Jun 2001: F/S Meteor M50/2, St. John’s – St. John’s (Canada).
- Nov 2000: F/S Sonne S151, Bridgetown (Barbados) – Recife (Brazil).
- Mar 2000 – Apr 2000: F/S Meteor M47/1, Salvador (Brazil) – Fortaleza (Brazil).
Apr. 2021 Habilitation à diriger des recherches (HDR), Sorbonne Université, Paris, France
Title: ” The central role of the ocean for Earth’s climate, society and sustainable development”.
Sept. 2006 Doktor der Naturwissenschaften (Ph.D.), Christian Albrechts University / GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany
Title: “Intraseasonal variability in the tropical Atlantic Ocean”. Advisor: P. Brandt, F. Schott, J. Willebrandt.
Sept. 2006 Diploma, Christian Albrechts University / GEOMAR, Kiel, Germany
Diploma in theoretical and physical oceanography with nuclear physics and geology as subsidiary subjects